Wednesday 2 June 2010

I am a Maggot

I am a Maggot, Midlands born.


I am a maggot, Midlands born -the West Midlands, that sombre region- and go at things as I have taught myself, lowstyle. From here on inwards I'm on my own and that's nearly always as it has been.

Welcome to my blog. Who am I? I'm a human maggot who feels the need to write. You can see me below, click on my face and it takes you to another place where I write, and that's my Twitter page. I suppose I see this as harking back to the pamphlet ere of the days when Defoe and Swift would whip out their quill to scrawl an attack upon an issue in their heart.

From time to time I will publish my scribblings: interviews, stories, hate mail I send to people who populate my nightmares. At this moment in time, I have no manifesto. Apart from releasing more words into the electronic ether; as if there needed to be any more blogs, each ejaculating their cliched opinions. In fact, that will be Maggot Manifesto point number one: No cliche's. Which is in itself a tired old cliche. And so forth. I have a fear of cliche, yet can't escape the one in which I live.

Otherwise, what else do I have to say which will benefit the world? Nothing much. My life is just a dot on a beach full of other dots, falling in between the many grains of sand. Whereas most people will be sunbathing on that promontory, I'm sifting under the beach, in the crab-slime. I'm a maggot, and so will write what I know.

My object is to observe. To pick over the streets, to gaze into people's faces and catch a momentary glimpse into their life. And then I retract back to my hole, my little burrow/garret in a place called Whalley Range. Which is where I wonder, you may see me from time to time, the guy with the maggot growing out his brow. Every night I scurry past the green neon chemist sign flashing open, having been into that establishment earlier no doubt, so to collect my medicine. Maggots need pills.

Click the image below to visit my Twitter page. My name is Thersites Quertyman, but most of the people populating my mind will know me as the Maggot Man, Maggot Street, which is a region of Exile. Drop me a line if you're a fellow larva, and we can suck some rotten corpse if you like.


Click for Thersites 'Maggot' Quertyman on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers